Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sh*t my dad says (that we cribbed from other sh*t)

So everyone has figured out by now that Greg and I watched a LOT of movies, tv shows, misc forms of entertainment together. Some of the best lines from said entertainment found their way into our conversational rotations and became catch phrases we bandied around like nobody's business. It was a secret connection, partly because we clearly alarmed other people with these random outbursts; sometimes I'll still occasionally say one of these aloud, even though the most common reaction is a blank stare...I know my dad is cracking up somewhere. Below, a selection:

"Pull the STRING! Pull the STRING!" - Ed Wood
"Yadda Yadda, warden." - Lenny Bruce
"If you're funny, I'm a pretzel." - Sweet Smell of Success
"Uh-oh, nymphos." - Shock Corridor
"You big banana-head!" - The Asphalt Jungle
"Next stop, Willoughby!" - The Twilight Zone
"Whatever you do, don't sell that cow!" - Bonnie & Clyde
"There's always room for one more.." - The Twilight Zone

"Gooble Gobble, we accept you- one of us! One of us!" - Freaks

There were so so many more, but I'm drawing a blank and unfortunately he's not around to ask for reminders. I'll come back and post more as they occur to me. And finally, one of our very favorites (which involved lifting our shirts a bit and pinching our belly buttons):

"Helloooooo (la la laaa)" - Seinfeld

No comments: